SAMVAD is a group of people who rely more on collective efforts. It is committed to promote sustainable community based resource management and is involved in participatory action and research for Self-Rule and Self-reliant society. ‘SAMVAD’ provides collective platform to the Identity, Art and Culture. It is an initiative for collectivity, gender equality, community rights on Natural Resources and establishment of a people’s democracy through collective action.
SAMVAD envisions a society where relations between human beings and nature is balanced for preservation of the indigenous social values and creation of sustainable livelihood for people towards establishment of a society on a communitarian lifestyle, labour-oriented and egalitarianism which accepts the diversity and differences among human beings. This is the society of Indigenocracy.
SAMVAD strives for self-reliant and self-respectful society based on equality, gender-equity, labour-oriented universe and self-governance by strengthening the communitarian lifestyle of the indigenous and downtrodden people. Efforts are on to empower Gram Sabhas and traditional governance systems in the villages of Adivasis, Dalits, Minorities and the poor as a whole. It ensures equal representation and participation of women and men in community level decision-making and development processes.
- To promote and strengthen Self-Rule through Empowerment of Gram Sabha and People’s Oraganisations
- To empower indigenous skills and technology for promoting sustainable livelihood and resilient development
- To capacitate youth for Gender Sensitivity, Social Justice and Communal harmony
- To preserve & rejuvenate Indigenous Art & Culture from de-culturisation
- To develop a training and resource center for documenting and promoting regional Art, Culture and Crafts
- To develop Audio-Visual materials for awareness of the people
- To promote Networks with like-minded groups and individual for policy centered Advocacy
- To promote Child Rights for joyful life of children.
- Alliance building with like-minded groups and promote network for social transformation
- Public policy analysis, discourse and dissemination
- Capacity building for sustainable livelihood
- Resource material collection, compilation and dissemination for awareness generation
- Developing potential human resource base
- Promotion and strengthening of CBOs and youth groups
- Promote development models to encourage sustainable livelihood.